While the great Australian outdoors provides the potential to get away from it all, many would-be first-time caravan owners continue to search for caravans for sale in Queensland. Bearing in mind the long distances and remote locations that can be accessed, it follows that reliability and manoeuvrability should be your main concerns.
What to watch out for when choosing your used caravan
Detailed service history and some maintenance receipts are always welcome when you are considering purchasing caravans for sale in Qld. While many owners may simply be moving up-market or quitting their caravanning altogether, others may have less scrupulous reasons for selling. It is useful therefore, to have some idea what to look for when viewing a caravan, including:
- Check for any cracks splits or breakages in the bodywork, especially around doors and windows
- Carry out a thorough examination of the interior for excessive wear and tear
- Ensure that all the windows and doors open and close easily and keep an eye out for moisture and leaks
- Check that all appliances work, such as cookers, fridges and any AC units, by hooking up to the nearest utilities
- Take the caravan out on the hitch to ensure that it tows well and the vehicle you intend to tow it with is up to the job
Take care of your investment
Buying a bargain is likely to be the last thing on your mind when you are stuck in the middle of nowhere with your family and your holiday is spoilt. While a dealer cannot guarantee that accidents and unforeseen issues will never arise, they can check over and service any caravan they are offering for sale.
Making the right buying choices
While there are some great discounts to be had by purchasing caravans for sale in Qld privately, you should consider the fact that there will be no warranty or any recourse in the event of an issue. Buying from a reputable dealer, such as Hinterland Caravans, on the other hand, gives you peace of mind backed by their established reputation.